33. Meibodi, S., & Loveridge, F. (2022) The future role of energy geostructures in fifth generation district heating and cooling networks, Energy
32. Shafagh, I., Shepley, P., Shepherd, W., Loveridge, F., Schellart, A., Tait, S. & Rees, S. (2022) Thermal energy transfer around buried pipe infrastructure, Geomechanics for Energy and the Environment.
31. Maragna, C & Loveridge, F (2021) A New Approach for Characterizing Pile Heat Exchangers Using Thermal Response Tests, Energies 2021, 14(12), 3375
30. Lui, K, Boardman, R., Mavrogordato, M., Loveridge, F A, & Powrie, W (2020) The importance of of the heel effect in X-ray CT imaging of soils, Environmental Geotechnics, In press.
29. Di Donna A, Loveridge F, Piemontese M, Barla M. (2020) The role of ground conditions on the heat exchange potential of energy walls.. Geomechanics for Energy and the Environment, 25, Article 100199.
28. 2020. Energy geostructures: A review of analysis approaches, in situ testing and model scale experiments. Geomechanics for Energy and the Environment, 22, Article 100173.
27. Jensen-Page L; Loveridge F; Narsilio GA (2019) Thermal Response Testing of Large Diameter Energy Piles. Energies, 12 (4), 2700.
26. Maragna C & Loveridge F A (2019) A Resistive-capacitive model of pile heat exchangers with an application to thermal response tests interpretation. Renewable Energy, 138, 891-910.
25. Dixon N; Crosby CJ; Stirling R; Hughes PN; Smethurst J; Briggs K; Hughes D; Gunn D; Hobbs P; Loveridge F A (2019) In situ measurements of near-surface hydraulic conductivity in engineered clay slopes. Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology, 52(1), 123 -135.
24. Alberdi-Pagola, M, Erbs Poulsen, S, Loveridge, F et al. (2018) Comparing heat flow models for interpretation of precast quadratic pile heat exchanger thermal response tests, Energy, 145, 721-733.
23. Viera A, Alberdi-Paolga A, Christodoulides A, Javed A, Loveridge FA, et al (2017). Characterisation of ground thermal and thermo-mechanical behaviour for shallow geothermal energy applications. Energies, 10 (12), 1996-1073.
22. Loveridge FA; Low JE; Powrie W (2017) Site investigation for energy geostructures. Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology, 50 (2), 158-16.
21. Low JE; Loveridge FA; Powrie W (2017) Errors in soil thermal conductivity from a thermal cell test. Proceedings of the ICE – Geotechnical Engineering, 170 (3), 191-200.
20. Di Donna A; Cecinato F; Loveridge FA; Barla M (2017) Energy performance of diaphragm walls used as heat exchangers, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers – Geotechnical Engineering, 170 (3), 232-245.
19.Briggs, K., Loveridge, F. & Glendinning, S. (2017) Failures in transport infrastructure embankments, Engineering Geology, 219, 107-117.
18. Bourne-Webb, P., Burlon, S., Javed, S. Kurten, S. & Loveridge, F. (2016) Analysis and design methods for energy geostructures, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 65, 402-419.
17. Loveridge, F. & Cecinato, F. (2016) Thermal performance of thermo-active CFA piles, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Environmental Geotechnics, 3(4), 265-279.
16. Cecinato, F. & Loveridge, F. (2015) Influences on the thermal efficiency of energy piles. Energy, 82, 1021-2023.
15. Nicholson, D., Smith, P., Bowers, G. A., Cuceoglu, F., Olgun, C. G., McCartney, J. S., Henry, K., Meyer, L. L. & Loveridge, F. A. (2014) Environmental impact calculations, life cycle cost analysis, DFI Journal, 8 (2), 130-146.
14. Bourne-Webb, P., Pereira, J-M., Bowers, G. A., Mimouni, T., Loveridge, F., Burlon, S., Olgun, C. G., McCartney, J. S. & Suttman, M. (2014) Validation of Design Tools for Thermo-Active Geotechnical Systems, DFI Journal, 8 (2), 121-129.
13. Katzenbach, R., Olgun, C. G., Loveridge, F., Suttman, M., Bowers, G. A., McCartney, J. S., Laloui, L., Mimouni, T., Dupray, F., Spitler, J. D., Clauss, F., Meyer, L. L. & Akrouch, G. (2014) New Technologies and Applications; Materials and Equipment in Near Surface Geothermal Systems, DFI Journal, 8 (2), 93-107.
12. Olgun, C. G., McCartney, J. S., Loveridge, F., Coccia, C. J., Bouazza, A., Soga, K., Spitler, J. D., Nicholson, D. & Suttman, M. (2014) Building Codes, Green Certification and Implementation Issues, Market Challenges, DFI Journal, 8 (2), 84-92.
11. Amis, T., McCartney, J. S., Loveridge, F., Olgun, C. G., Bruce, M. E. & Murphy, K. (2014) Identifying Best Practice, Installation, Laboratory Testing, and Field Testing, DFI Journal, 8 (2), 74-83.
10. Low, J., Loveridge, F., Nicholson, D. & Powrie, W. (2015) A comparison of laboratory and in situ methods to determine soil thermal conductivity for energy foundations applications, Acta Geotechnica, 10, 209-218..
9. Loveridge, F., Olgun, C. G. , Brettmann, Tracy & Powrie, W. (2015) The thermal behaviour of three different auger pressure grouted piles used as heat exchangers. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, 33 (2), 273-289. Download pdf.
8. Loveridge, F., Powrie, W. and Nicholson, D. (2014) Comparison of two different models for pile thermal response test interpretation, Acta Geotechnica, 9 (3), 367-384. Download pdf.
7. Loveridge, F. & Powrie, W. (2014) G-Functions for Multiple Interacting Pile Heat Exchangers, Energy. 64, 757 – 757.
6. Loveridge, F. & Powrie, W. (2014) 2D thermal resistance of pile heat exchangers, Geothermics, 50, 122 – 135.
5. Loveridge, F. & Powrie, W. (2013) Temperature response functions (G-functions) for single pile heat exchangers, Energy, 57, 554 – 564.
4. Loveridge, F., Holmes, G., Powrie, W. & Roberts, T. (2013) Thermal response testing through the Chalk aquifer, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers Geotechnical Engineering, 166 (2), 197 – 210.
3. Loveridge, F. & Powrie, W. (2013) Pile heat exchangers: thermal behaviour and interactions, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers Geotechnical Engineering, 166 (2), 178 – 196.
2. Loveridge, F. A, Spink, T. W., O’Brien, A. S. O., Briggs, K. M. & Butcher, D. (2010) The impact of climate and climate change on UK infrastructure slopes, with particular reference to southern of England, Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydogeology, 43, 461-472.
1. Glendinning, S., Loveridge, F., Starr-Keddle, R. E., Bransby, M. F. & Hughes, P. N. (2009) Role of vegetation in sustainability of infrastructure slopes, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Engineering Sustainability, 162 (2), pp101-110.
26. Shafagh, I, Rees, S & Loveridge, F (2020) Investigations Into Thermal Resistance Of Tunnel Lining Heat Exchangers, 2nd International Conference on Energy Geotechnics, Postponed until 2021.
25. Shafagh, I & Loveridge, F (2020) Developing Analysis Approaches for Energy Walls, 2nd International Conference on Energy Geotechnics, Postponed until 2021.
24. Turner JL, Loveridge F, Rees S, Powrie W, Crane M, Kiauk J. (2020) Energy Performance of CFA Piles used as Heat Exchangers in a GSHP System. Piling 2020. Conference postponed until 2021.
23. Loveridge, F., Shepley, P., Stirling, R., and Yildiz, A. (2020) Harvesting Energy from Buried Infrastructure: current UKCRIC research, EGU General Assembly 2020, Online, 4–8 May 2020, EGU2020-19412, 2020.
22. Pedchenko, O., Loveridge, F., Woodman, N. & Powrie, W. (2019) Quantifying the effect of single fractures on the thermal performance of borehole heat exchangers. European Geothermal Congress 2019, The Hague, Netherlands, 11 June – 14 June 2019.
21. Liu, K., Loveridge, F.A., Boardman, R., & Powrie, W. (2018) Observation of thermally driven water flow in soils via micro-focus X-ray Computed Tomography, 7th International Conference on Unsaturated Soils, Hong Kong, August 2018.
20. Woodman N; Loveridge FA; Javed S; Claesson J (2018) Evaluating the Applicability of the Radial Approximation for Pile Heat Exchangers SEG 2018: Energy Geotechnics, pp. 3-10.
19. Liu K; Loveridge FA; Boardman R; Powrie W (2018) Evaluation of Reconstruction and Segmentation Techniques on High Temporal Resolution μCT Scans for Geotechnical Applications SEG 2018: Energy Geotechnics, pp. 284-290.
18. Maragna C; Loveridge F (2018) Interpretation of thermal responses tests and sizing of pile heat exchangers Proceedings of JNGG 2018. [In French]
17. Liu, K., Loveridge, F., Boardman, R. & Powrie, W. (2017) Study of Short-term Evaporation in Sand Specimens via Micro-focus X-ray Computed Tomography, In: Coupled Processes in Environmental Geotechnics, Leeds, September 2017
16. Loveridge, F. A., Powrie, W., Amis, T., Wischy, M. & Kiauk, J. (2016) Long term monitoring of CFA energy pile schemes in the UK. In Wuttke, et al (Eds) Energy Geotechnics, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Energy Geotechncs, ICEGT 2016, Keil, Germany, 29 – 31 August, 2016.
15. Cecinato, F., Piglialepre, R., Loveridge, F. A. & Nicholson, D. (2016) Numerical analysis of thermal cycling during a multi-stage energy pile thermal test. In Wuttke, et al (Eds) Energy Geotechnics, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Energy Geotechncs, ICEGT 2016, Keil, Germany, 29 – 31 August, 2016.
14.Loveridge, F. A. & Powrie, W. (2016) The Average Temperature of Energy Piles. In: Geotechnical Special Publication. Geo-Chicago 2016: Geotechnics for Sustainable Energy, 14-18 Aug 2016, Chicago, Illinois, United States. American Society of Civil Engineers , pp. 166-175.
13. Loveridge, F., Olgun. C. G., Brettmann, T. & Powrie, W. (2015). Group thermal response testing for energy piles, European conference for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Edinburgh, UK, 13 – 17 September 2015.
12. Cecinato, F., Loveridge, F., Gajo, A. & Powrie, W. (2015) A new modelling approach for piled and other ground heat exchanger applications, European conference for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Edinburgh, UK, 13 – 17 September 2015.
11. Loveridge, F., Brettmann, T., Olgun, G. & Powrie, W. (2014) Assessing the applicability of thermal response testing to energy piles, DFI-EFFC International Conference on Piling and Deep Foundations, Stockholm, Sweden, 20-21 May 2014.
10. Low, J., Loveridge, F. and Powrie, W. (2014) Thermal conductivity of soils by the needle probe method, for energy foundation applications, 32nd International Thermal Conductivity Conference and 20th International Thermal Expansion Symposium, Lafeyette, US, 27 Apr – 01 May 2014.
9. Loveridge, F. & Powrie, W. (2013) Performance of Piled Foundations Used as Heat Exchangers, 18th International Conference for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Paris, France, September 2-5, 2013.
8. Low, J., Loveridge, F. & Powrie, W. (2013) Measuring soil thermal properties for use in energy foundation design, 18th International Conference for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Paris, France, September 2-5, 2013.
7. Loveridge F. A., Amis T & Powrie W (2012) Energy Pile Performance and Preventing Ground Freezing, Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Geomechanics and Engineering (ICGE’12), Seoul, August, 2012.
6. Loveridge, F. A., Hocombe, T. & Roscoe, H. (2008) Design and Construction of a Retaining Structure Subject to Sway, In: 2nd BGA Conference on Foundations, Volume 1, pp729-740, June 24-27, 2008, Dundee.
5. Scott J., Loveridge F. & O’Brien A. (2007) Influence of climate and vegetation on railway embankments. XIV European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Madrid, September 2007.
4. Carley S. W., O’Brien A. S., Loveridge F. A. & Hsu Y. S. (2007) Innovative use of clay backfill at the new Wembley Stadium, UK. Sustainable Construction Materials and Technologies, Coventry, June 2007.
3. Loveridge F. A., Duncan I., Fitch T., Armond M. & Harms J. (2003) Ledburn Junction: A Case Study of Railway Embankment Stabilisation. Railway Engineering 2003 6th International Conference and Exhibition, London, 30th April – 1st May 2003.
2. Davies, J. P., Loveridge, F. A., Perry, J., Patterson, D. and Carder, D. (2003) Stabilisation of a Landslide on the M25 Highway London’s Main Artery. 12th Pan-American Conference on soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering, 22-25 June 2003. This paper won the 2003 Ernest A. Herzog Award which is given by the Boston Society of Civil Engineers.
1. Loveridge F. A. (2001) Evaluation of Prop Loads at CTRL Contract 430 Ashford Tunnels. Proceedings of the European Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference, Plovdiv, Bulgaria, 15-19 September 2001.
10. Loveridge, F. (2018) Urban heat storage using structure and infrastructure foundations. Extended abstract. Symposium on Energy Geotechnics, Lausanne, September 2018:
9. Pedchenko, O., Loveridge, F., Woodman, N., & Powrie, W. (2018) Long-term thermal performance of a borehole heat exchanger installed near an open fracture for a range of hydrogeological scenarios. Extended abstract. Symposium on Energy Geotechnics, Lausanne, September 2018:
8. Piemontese, M., Barla, M. Di Donna, A. & Loveridge F. (2018) Preliminary assessment of energy walls efficiency under different underground scenarios. Extended abstract. Symposium on Energy Geotechnics, Lausanne, September 2018.
7. Loveridge, F. (2016) Energy Piles: Construction, Design and Outlook. Geo Outlook 2016 No. 4, p20 – 25.
6. Loveridge, F. (2014) Editorial, Proceedings of the Institute of Civil Engineers Geotechnical Engineering, 167 (5), 415-416.
5. Amis, T. & Loveridge, F. (2014) Therm Foundations, CIBSE Journal, August 2014. [A reprint of 4 by CIBSE]
4. Amis, T. & Loveridge, F. (2014) Energy piles and other thermal foundations, developments in UK practice and research. REHVA Journal, 2014, (01),32-35.
3. Loveridge, F., Smith, P. & Powrie, W. (2013) A review of design and construction aspects for bored thermal piles, Ground Engineering, March 2013.
2. Perry, J., Loveridge, F. & Bourne-Webb. P. (2011) Ground Sourced Energy, Evolution, Winter 2011, 20-23. Evolution Winter 2011.
1. Loveridge F. A. (2001) Evaluation of Prop Loads at C430 Ashford Tunnels, Ground Engineering, August 2001. Cooling Prize winning paper.
2. Loveridge, F. (2012) The Thermal Performance of Foundation Piles used as Heat Exchangers in Ground Energy Systems, Doctoral Thesis, University of Southampton. E-thesis.
1. Loveridge, F. (1999) Investigation into leakage from Randymere Reservoir, MSc Thesis, University of Leeds.